The Original and #1 Website for Security Guard Training
Online Security Guard Training and Career Center
Welcome to Security Guard Training Headquarters! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a security guard officer. State specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you'll find here.
In Pennsylvania, a license is required for unarmed security guards. The process is rather detailed. An applicant or hiring company must petition the court for the license. The County Clerk’s office is limited to the questions they can answer about this process and recommends that an attorney be retained for such matters.
Basic requirements to submit petition for unarmed security guards in Pennsylvania:
Must file a petition with the following attachments:
- Passport photos (2)
- Letters from character witnesses pointing out your good moral character
- Certified proof of criminal background check
- Fingerprint card with fee (this card must be submitted to the County Clerk’s office with a money order that will be mailed to the Pennsylvania State police)
Statewide requirements that may be helpful in getting Petition Approved:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Mentally competent
- Have good moral character
- No drug or alcohol use or dependence
- No felony convictions
- No disabilities that would prevent performance of duty
In Pennsylvania, there are no set rules as to the type of training or experience required. It is ultimately up to the judge.
Fees are nonrefundable:
Fingerprint card: $17.50 (money order must be made out to the Pennsylvania State Police)
License: $200 (This fee is paid only if petition is approved)
For more information, please read Promulgation of Local Rules of Civil Procedure; No. 6513 CV 2005 or call the Pennsylvania County Clerk’s office at 570-517-3387.
Top 10 Security Interview Tips
Learn exactly what security
guard employers want to
hear from you!
Download this FREE eBook
now by entering your email
- Tips for Security Guards That Want to Ask for a Raise
- Fight or Flight – What Does it Mean for a Security Guard
- Manage Your Online Reputation in Preparation for a Security Guard Job
- Top 8 Ways to be a Great Security Guard
- Life Insurance for Security Guards
- How to Write a Detailed Incident Report
- Security Guard Users Taser and Fans Raise Money for New Equipment
- How to Handle Yourself as a Security Guard Under Pressure
- How to be a Respected Security Guard
- Four Reasons you Should Continue Your Training to Become an Armed Guard?