The Original and #1 Website for Security Guard Training
Online Security Guard Training and Career Center
Welcome to Security Guard Training Headquarters! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a security guard officer. State specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you'll find here.
In South Carolina, a license is required for unarmed security guards. The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) administers licensing. The hiring company must be licensed and will forward all information to SLED for approval. The individual does not do it. There are certain criteria that must be met before a license will be approved.
Basic requirements for unarmed security guards in South Carolina:
- Be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a United States citizen or resident alien
- Mentally competent
- Have good moral character
- No drug or alcohol use or dependence
- Must successfully pass a drug test
- No felony convictions
- No disabilities that would prevent performance of duty
- Finger print card
- Submit to criminal background check
- Complete required training by a SLED certified trainer
The hiring company provides the required training. Four or more hours of training must be completed and a written exam passed and scored. The training must be material from the South Carolina Technical College Private Security Training School. A basic training conducted may include but is not limited to the following:
(1) Role of Private Security
(2) Legal Aspects
(3) Patrol and Observation
(4) Incident Response
(5) Security Resources: Surveillance operation and documentation
(6) Customer Service Issues: Working with and addressing the public
(7) First Aid Overview
Fees are nonrefundable:
For more information, please read SLED Regulations or call 803-737-9000.
Search for security guard training company in your area!
Top 10 Security Interview Tips
Learn exactly what security
guard employers want to
hear from you!
Download this FREE eBook
now by entering your email
- Which Security Guard Test Study Method is Right for You?
- 4 Study Tips for Your Security Guard Test
- Tips for Security Guards That Want to Ask for a Raise
- Fight or Flight – What Does it Mean for a Security Guard
- Manage Your Online Reputation in Preparation for a Security Guard Job
- Top 8 Ways to be a Great Security Guard
- Life Insurance for Security Guards
- How to Write a Detailed Incident Report
- Security Guard Users Taser and Fans Raise Money for New Equipment
- How to Handle Yourself as a Security Guard Under Pressure