The Original and #1 Website for Security Guard Training
Online Security Guard Training and Career Center
Welcome to Security Guard Training Headquarters! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a security guard officer. State specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you'll find here.
In the state of South Dakota, there aren’t any regulations regarding security guards. The only rules are for an entity wanting to start a security company. However, if you are applying to become an unarmed security in South Dakota then meeting these basic requirements may help you land the job.
- Be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Be able to legally work in the United States
- No convictions or history of drug or alcohol use
- Submit to a criminal background check if asked
- Have good moral character
- Have not committed any acts of fraud
- Good physical conditioning
- Be able to stand long periods of time
- Good Communication skills
For more information, please call 605-882-5188.
Top 10 Security Interview Tips
Learn exactly what security
guard employers want to
hear from you!
Download this FREE eBook
now by entering your email
- Tips for Security Guards That Want to Ask for a Raise
- Fight or Flight – What Does it Mean for a Security Guard
- Manage Your Online Reputation in Preparation for a Security Guard Job
- Top 8 Ways to be a Great Security Guard
- Life Insurance for Security Guards
- How to Write a Detailed Incident Report
- Security Guard Users Taser and Fans Raise Money for New Equipment
- How to Handle Yourself as a Security Guard Under Pressure
- How to be a Respected Security Guard
- Four Reasons you Should Continue Your Training to Become an Armed Guard?