The Original and #1 Website for Security Guard Training
Online Security Guard Training and Career Center
Welcome to Security Guard Training Headquarters! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a security guard officer. State specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you'll find here.
In Oregon, an unarmed security guard must be licensed. Training and application requirements must be met before license can be issued.
Basic requirements for unarmed security guards in Oregon:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must show proof of citizenship
- Mentally competent
- Have good moral character
- No drug or alcohol use or dependence
- No felony convictions
- No disabilities that would prevent performance of duty
- Fingerprint affidavit and fingerprint card (1) Click here for form
- Temporary work permit Click Here for form
Other Requirements that May Be Helpful:
- Driver’s License
- Good Communication skills
- Good physical conditioning
- Be able to stand long periods of time
Must complete 12 hours of training with a certified instructor (please verify current certification before paying for course)
Fees are nonrefundable:
Training cost may vary depending on instructor.
Top 10 Security Interview Tips That Will Get You The Job TODAY!
Learn exactly what security
guard employers want to
hear from you!
Download this FREE eBook
now by entering your email
- Best Things to Know About Government Security Jobs
- Airport security jobs
- Why Hospital Security Jobs Are a Great Option
- Cruise Ship Jobs – A Great Opportunity
- A Guide to Bodyguard Jobs and Bodyguard Training
- Wackenhut Security Jobs
- Guardsmark Security Jobs
- Obtaining a Bodyguard Security License in Canada
- Requirements To Nail Security Jobs in Australia
- Body Guard Training and Executive Protection Training – Close Protection Jobs