The Original and #1 Website for Security Guard Training
Online Security Guard Training and Career Center
Welcome to Security Guard Training Headquarters! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a security guard officer. State specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you'll find here.
In order to work as a security guard in the state of Nevada, you must first obtain your registration card from the State of Nevada's Private Investigators Licensing Board.
No training is required before you apply for your registration card, however there is an exam that you must take and submit with your application. All of the training you will receive will be directly from the private security company or other establishment that you get hired to work for, once again, after you obtain your registration card.
You can obtain your registration card online, or via regular mail.
Your first step is to download the application from the Private Investigators Licensing Board. When you arrive on the website, click on Work Cards / Registered Employee Services at the top:
Application – Nevada” width=”573″ height=”371″ />
You can also check the status of your application, and renew your registration here as well.
If you'd rather apply via traditional mail, you can download the application on the top of the left hand sidebar of the same page.
Along with your application, you will have to submit a few more items in order to obtain your card. There is a very handy checklist (see Instructions / Checklist on the left hand sidebar), that you can use to make sure you have everything in order. So you will know what to expect, this is what you need:
- The completed application (online or printed out)
- A 2 inch by 2 inch (2″ x 2″) passport photo.
- If you were not born in the U.S., you must also provide a photo copy of one of the following:
- Naturalization Certificate
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Birth Certificate
- Alien Card
- Your U.S. Passport or a copy of both your driver's license and social security card.
- Receipt for Electronic Submission of Fingerprint Cards or a set of 2 fingerprint cards.
- Registration fee of $85.00 if you have a fingerprint receipt, $95 if you are submitting the set of 2 fingerprint cards.
- Your exam answer sheet with your application. (Unless you take the exam online on eht same website).
Depending on the load of the licensing board, it may take up to 10 days to be able to be approved and begin working as a security guard, from the time they receive your application.
Search for security guard training company in your area!
Top 10 Security Interview Tips
Learn exactly what security
guard employers want to
hear from you!
Download this FREE eBook
now by entering your email
- Obtaining a Bodyguard Security License in Canada
- Requirements To Nail Security Jobs in Australia
- Becoming a VIP Bodyguard for Close Protection Jobs
- Security Guard Training In The United Kingdom
- Security Guard Salaries
- Which Security Guard Test Study Method is Right for You?
- 4 Study Tips for Your Security Guard Test
- Tips for Security Guards That Want to Ask for a Raise
- Fight or Flight – What Does it Mean for a Security Guard
- Manage Your Online Reputation in Preparation for a Security Guard Job