The Original and #1 Website for Security Guard Training
Online Security Guard Training and Career Center
Welcome to Security Guard Training Headquarters! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a security guard officer. State specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you'll find here.
At present, Kentucky does not have a licensing policy in place for unarmed security guards at the state level. However, there may be some requirements on the city and county levels in which case you must contact the local City Clerk’s office. In addition, the company that is hiring you may have basic criteria that you must meet as well.
Standard requirements across state lines:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent
- No felony convictions or any crime involving the illegal use of weapons
Other Requirements that May Be Helpful:
- Driver’s License
- Good Communication skills
- Good physical conditioning
- Be able to stand long periods of time
For more information, please call Kentucky State Police at 502-782-1800 or visit the Think Kentucky website.
Search for security guard training company in your area!
Top 10 Security Interview Tips That Will Get You The Job TODAY!
Learn exactly what security
guard employers want to
hear from you!
Download this FREE eBook
now by entering your email
- Obtaining a Bodyguard Security License in Canada
- Requirements To Nail Security Jobs in Australia
- Body Guard Training and Executive Protection Training – Close Protection Jobs
- Security Guard Training In The United Kingdom
- Security Guard Salaries
- Which Security Guard Test Study Method is Right for You?
- 4 Study Tips for Your Security Guard Test
- Tips for Security Guards That Want to Ask for a Raise
- Fight or Flight – What Does it Mean for a Security Guard
- Manage Your Online Reputation in Preparation for a Security Guard Job