The Original and #1 Website for Security Guard Training
Online Security Guard Training and Career Center
Welcome to Security Guard Training Headquarters! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a security guard officer. State specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you'll find here.
A state license may be required for unarmed security guards in Indiana. It is really up to the company that hires you. According to the Statues & Rules IC 25-30-1-11 Employees of licensee, an unarmed guard can be hired under the licensee, which is the hiring company. The hiring company is responsible for that unarmed security guard and must supply a photo ID and fingerprints of each security guard that isn’t licensed if requested.
However, for companies that require you to be licensed you must first meet certain criteria:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a United States citizen or registered resident alien
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be finger printed
- Submit to FBI background check
- No felony convictions or any crime involving the illegal use of weapons
- Drug testing (which may be ongoing
- Completed of Indiana state certified training courses set forth by the Department of Public Safety for Indiana
Other Requirements that May Be Helpful:
- Driver’s License
- Good physical conditioning
- Be able to stand long periods of time
- Good Communication skills
Basic Training Curriculum
A basic training conducted may include but is not limited to the following:
(1) Role of Private Security
(2) Legal Aspects
(3) Patrol and Observation
(4) Incident Response
(5) Security Resources: Surveillance operation and documentation
(6) Customer Service Issues: Working with and addressing the public
(7) First Aid Overview
For more information, please visit Indiana Professional Licensing Agency or call (317) 234-3040.
Search for security guard training company in your area!
Top 10 Security Interview Tips
Learn exactly what security
guard employers want to
hear from you!
Download this FREE eBook
now by entering your email
- Which Security Guard Test Study Method is Right for You?
- 4 Study Tips for Your Security Guard Test
- Tips for Security Guards That Want to Ask for a Raise
- Fight or Flight – What Does it Mean for a Security Guard
- Manage Your Online Reputation in Preparation for a Security Guard Job
- Top 8 Ways to be a Great Security Guard
- Life Insurance for Security Guards
- How to Write a Detailed Incident Report
- Security Guard Users Taser and Fans Raise Money for New Equipment
- How to Handle Yourself as a Security Guard Under Pressure