The Original and #1 Website for Security Guard Training
Online Security Guard Training and Career Center
Welcome to Security Guard Training Headquarters! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a security guard officer. State specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you'll find here.
As an armed security guard in Utah, a license is required. The Utah Division of Occupational and Prof Licensing (DOPL) handles the licensing of security guards. In addition to meeting the basic requirements of a security guard, additional firearms training must be completed.
Basic requirements for armed security guards in Utah:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Valid Social Security number
- Valid Identification (Utah driver’s license, passport
- Finger print cards (2) or electronic fingerprinting is accepted
- Mentally competent
- Have good moral character
- No drug or alcohol use or dependence
- Must successfully pass a drug test
- Never convicted of a felony
- No disabilities that would prevent performance of duty
- Submit to criminal background check
- Expected to know all the Laws and Rules pertaining to your service
All applicants must complete 24 hours of basic training and pass a written test with a score of at least 80%.
Courses Study should include:
- Legal responsibilities
- Writing reports
- Use of proper force
- Sexual harassment
- Responding to a situation
- Patrolling techniques
- Community relations
Firearms Training and Completion:
You must sit and complete 24 hours of classroom training on your particular firearm in accordance with the rules of the licensing act. In addition, to these 24 hours, you must submit a Certification of Completion form showing that you have completed six hours of firearm instruction and an additional six hours at the range.
Fees are nonrefundable:
Application processing fee: $100
For more information, please call 801-530-6628.
Search for security guard training company in your area!
Top 10 Security Interview Tips
Learn exactly what security
guard employers want to
hear from you!
Download this FREE eBook
now by entering your email
- Which Security Guard Test Study Method is Right for You?
- 4 Study Tips for Your Security Guard Test
- Tips for Security Guards That Want to Ask for a Raise
- Fight or Flight – What Does it Mean for a Security Guard
- Manage Your Online Reputation in Preparation for a Security Guard Job
- Top 8 Ways to be a Great Security Guard
- Life Insurance for Security Guards
- How to Write a Detailed Incident Report
- Security Guard Users Taser and Fans Raise Money for New Equipment
- How to Handle Yourself as a Security Guard Under Pressure