The Original and #1 Website for Security Guard Training
Online Security Guard Training and Career Center
Welcome to Security Guard Training Headquarters! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a security guard officer. State specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you'll find here.
In the state of Tennessee, a license is required for an armed security guard. It’s also a requirement that armed security guards be hired by a security company before a license is granted. License must be renewed every two years if you are still empl
oyed as an armed guard. Be prepared to answer personal information about any military discharge and criminal history.
Basic requirements for armed security guards in Tennessee:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be a United States citizen or alien resident or application is denied
- Mentally competent
- Have good moral Character
- No drug or alcohol use or dependence
- No convictions in the last 5 years and that includes being on probation
- Proof of residency for the past 5 year
- No disabilities that would prevent performance of duty
- Submit fingerprint cards (3) for background check from bother TBI and FBI
- Successful complete training requirements
- Submit completed application once notarized
- Driver’s License
One hour training for each:
- Legal aspects and limitations
- Emergency procedures
- Duty requirements
Note: Must receive and provide proof of appropriate firearms training and safety for the specific handgun that will be used on duty from a certified instructor. Upon completion of training, a certificate card of completion must be carried at all times.
Fees are nonrefundable:
- Application fee: $75.00
- Registration: $30
- Fingerprints: $60.00
For more information, please call 615-741-6382.
Top 10 Security Interview Tips
Learn exactly what security
guard employers want to
hear from you!
Download this FREE eBook
now by entering your email
- Tips for Security Guards That Want to Ask for a Raise
- Fight or Flight – What Does it Mean for a Security Guard
- Manage Your Online Reputation in Preparation for a Security Guard Job
- Top 8 Ways to be a Great Security Guard
- Life Insurance for Security Guards
- How to Write a Detailed Incident Report
- Security Guard Users Taser and Fans Raise Money for New Equipment
- How to Handle Yourself as a Security Guard Under Pressure
- How to be a Respected Security Guard
- Four Reasons you Should Continue Your Training to Become an Armed Guard?