The Original and #1 Website for Security Guard Training
Online Security Guard Training and Career Center
Welcome to Security Guard Training Headquarters! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a security guard officer. State specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you'll find here.
You must be licensed as an armed security in Oklahoma. This license is administered by CLEET and is renewed every two years. Before becoming an armed guard, you must first meet certain criteria including a psych evaluation.
Requirements for arme
d security guards in Oklahoma:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be mentally competent as determined by a psychological evaluation
- Have good moral Character
- Must pass a police or Sheriff record check
- Insurance letter from employer or surety bond
- No drug or alcohol use or dependence
- No felony convictions
- No disabilities that would prevent performance of duty
- Passport photos (2) in color
- Submit CLEET fingerprint cards (2)
- Successful complete training requirements
- Complete all questions pertaining to armed security guard on application or it will be rejected
- Application must be signed and notarized
- Oklahoma driver’s license
- Good physical conditioning
Must complete CLEET approved courses and pass the State exam within 180 days from the date of application.
Applicants with training, such as retired police officers, correctional officers, peace officers may be exempt from training requirements if they can so proof of previous training.
Note: Firearms training is also a requirement but cannot be taken until you have passed the psych evaluation.
Fees are nonrefundable:
- License: $91
- Psychological Evaluation: applicant can choose a licensed Psychologist and bear the cost of the evaluation
Top 10 Security Interview Tips
Learn exactly what security
guard employers want to
hear from you!
Download this FREE eBook
now by entering your email
- Tips for Security Guards That Want to Ask for a Raise
- Fight or Flight – What Does it Mean for a Security Guard
- Manage Your Online Reputation in Preparation for a Security Guard Job
- Top 8 Ways to be a Great Security Guard
- Life Insurance for Security Guards
- How to Write a Detailed Incident Report
- Security Guard Users Taser and Fans Raise Money for New Equipment
- How to Handle Yourself as a Security Guard Under Pressure
- How to be a Respected Security Guard
- Four Reasons you Should Continue Your Training to Become an Armed Guard?