The Original and #1 Website for Security Guard Training
Online Security Guard Training and Career Center
Welcome to Security Guard Training Headquarters! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a security guard officer. State specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you'll find here.
In the state of Ohio, armed security guards are required to be licensed guard and an employee of a licensed security company. It is the responsibility of the licensed company to ensure that all employees are registered within seven business days of hire. A firearms permit is required and certain training requirements.
Basic requirements for armed security guard in Ohio:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- United States citizen or resident alien
- May require proof of high school diploma or equivalent
- No felony convictions or misdemeanors associated with violence (which includes domestic), drugs ( use or sale), theft or fraud
- Good moral character
- Successfully pass a background check
- No mental disorders or defects that will prohibit performance of duties
- Employed by a private security company and under supervision from a licensed patrol officer
- Fingerprint card
- Ohio state driver’s License
- Good physical conditioning
Firearms Training Requirements
Applicant must notify the superintendent of the arm security guard’s duties and firearm requirements. In addition, each armed security guard must successfully complete a basic firearms training course approved by the Ohio training commission. Such training must be at least 24 hours of handgun training and shall include five additional hours for any additional firearms. Yearly qualifying is also required. After all requirements are met, a certificate will be issued and a permit to carry a firearm is granted. Once granted, all armed security guards in Ohio must carry firearm identification card when on duty.
Fees: All fees are non-refundable
- Registration fee: $25
- Identification card to carry firearm: $15
Top 10 Security Interview Tips That Will Get You The Job TODAY!
Learn exactly what security
guard employers want to
hear from you!
Download this FREE eBook
now by entering your email
- Best Things to Know About Government Security Jobs
- Airport security jobs
- Why Hospital Security Jobs Are a Great Option
- Cruise Ship Jobs – A Great Opportunity
- A Guide to Bodyguard Jobs and Bodyguard Training
- Wackenhut Security Jobs
- Guardsmark Security Jobs
- Obtaining a Bodyguard Security License in Canada
- Requirements To Nail Security Jobs in Australia
- Body Guard Training and Executive Protection Training – Close Protection Jobs