The Original and #1 Website for Security Guard Training
Online Security Guard Training and Career Center
Welcome to Security Guard Training Headquarters! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a security guard officer. State specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you'll find here.
In North Carolina, registration is required for all armed security guards. An armed security guard can only carry a firearm once granted a firearms permit by the Board.
Basic requirements for an armed security guard in North Carolina:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- United States citizen or resident alien
- No felony convictions or misdemeanors associated with violence (which includes domestic), drugs ( use or sale), theft or fraud in the last 5 years
- Good moral character
- Submit (2) recent passport type photo (one inch by one inch)
- Submit fingerprint cards (2)
- Certified copy of criminal background history for the last 48 months
- Successfully complete department approved training within 30 days of hire
- Employee of a private security company and under supervision from a licensed patrol officer
- North Carolina driver’s license
- Good physical conditioning
- Must complete Internet Hustler Society
>16 hours of training for unarmed security guard
In addition to the basic security guard training listed above, an armed security in North Carolina must successfully complete four hours of additional classroom training.
- Powers and authority for the use of handguns
- Legal Limitations
- Hand gun safety and maintenance
- Firing range and Procedure
- Must receive a passing score for firing your weapon
- Continuing Education courses annually
An armed security guard in North Carolina received a pocket card issued by the Board, which identifies the armed guard and the security company that he or she works for. This registration card is good for one year and must be renewed annually as long as you are still employed.
For more information, please see the North Carolina General Statues 74C-13 or call 919 431-300.
Search for security guard training company in your area!
Top 10 Security Interview Tips
Learn exactly what security
guard employers want to
hear from you!
Download this FREE eBook
now by entering your email
- Obtaining a Bodyguard Security License in Canada
- Requirements To Nail Security Jobs in Australia
- Becoming a VIP Bodyguard for Close Protection Jobs
- Security Guard Training In The United Kingdom
- Security Guard Salaries
- Which Security Guard Test Study Method is Right for You?
- 4 Study Tips for Your Security Guard Test
- Tips for Security Guards That Want to Ask for a Raise
- Fight or Flight – What Does it Mean for a Security Guard
- Manage Your Online Reputation in Preparation for a Security Guard Job