The Original and #1 Website for Security Guard Training
Online Security Guard Training and Career Center
Welcome to Security Guard Training Headquarters! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a security guard officer. State specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you'll find here.
Armed security guards in Nevada must have a registration card and pass the security guard exam with a score of 100%. In addition, additional training, which includes firearms training, is required. After all requirements are met, the Private Investigating Licensing Board (PILB) will issue your registration card and firearms permit.
Basic requirements for Armed Security guards in Nevada:
- You must be at least 21 years old
- United States citizen or legal alien
- Valid social security number
- No felony convictions or any crime involving the illegal use of weapons
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
- Fingerprint cards (2)
- Passport photo
- Nevada driver’s license
- Pass security guard exam
Security Guard Exam
This exam must be taken every five years with a passing score of 100%. Either you can take it online to submit with your application or the hiring security company will administer the exam.
You must complete all fields. If a field does not apply to you then you must put “N/A” as an indicator that you have read the field and it does not apply to you. Application is incomplete unless all required information is submitted to the office of the PILB.
Upon completion of your firearms training, with a certified instructor, you will be administered a firearms certification card. Card is valid for five years as long as you pass a firing range test with a score of at least 75% every six months.
With fingerprint card $85
Without fingerprint card $95
For more information, please call 775-687-3223 or 702-486-3003.
- Application (From this link you would click “Applicants” from the top menu and then security guard exam from the new menu that will appear on the left.
- Security Guard Exam (From this link, you would click “Work Card” from the top menu and then “Security Guard Exam” from the new menu that will appear on the left.)
- FAQ (From this link, you would click “Work Card” from the top menu and then “Frequently Asked Questions” from the new menu that will appear on the left.)
- Licensing Training Program (From this link, you would click “Licensee Services” from the top menu and then “Licensee Training Program” from the new menu that will appear on the left.)
- Firearm Training Curriculum (From this link, you would click “Statues and Regulations” from the top menu and then “Regulations: Chapter 648” from the new menu that will appear on the left.)
Search for security guard training company in your area!
Top 10 Security Interview Tips
Learn exactly what security
guard employers want to
hear from you!
Download this FREE eBook
now by entering your email
- Obtaining a Bodyguard Security License in Canada
- Requirements To Nail Security Jobs in Australia
- Becoming a VIP Bodyguard for Close Protection Jobs
- Security Guard Training In The United Kingdom
- Security Guard Salaries
- Which Security Guard Test Study Method is Right for You?
- 4 Study Tips for Your Security Guard Test
- Tips for Security Guards That Want to Ask for a Raise
- Fight or Flight – What Does it Mean for a Security Guard
- Manage Your Online Reputation in Preparation for a Security Guard Job